The Chuck Cooper Foundation is excited to announce the start of the Cooper Leadership Program for 2017-18. Since 2013, the Chuck Cooper Foundation has awarded over $154,000 in scholarships to African-American college students who attend universities in the Pittsburgh area. As a complement to our scholarship program, we are continuing our leadership program for 15 promising African-American undergraduates currently attending school in Pittsburgh. All participants will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the completion of the program.
The Cooper Leadership Program includes a series of workshops, speakers, mentoring, networking and community outreach. It is comprised of three phases: Phase One takes place at the graduate level, Phase Two at the undergraduate level, and Phase Three at the high school and middle school level.
- Comprehensive leadership development training in workshops facilitated by Dr. Mitchel Nickols, who has a Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh, teaches doctoral classes at Point Park University, has a seasoned career as an NSA professional speaker, administrative and executive coach, and is a leadership development consultant
- Networking opportunities
- Mentoring from current Chuck Cooper Foundation graduate scholars
- Community service outreach to underserved H.S. and M.S. age students
- Recognition at awards ceremony upon completion of program
- Attendance in 4 workshops
- Community service to underserved H.S. and M.S. age students
- Serious about your education, developing your leadership skills and helping high school and middle school age students get to where you are, by learning from your experience and success!!
- Be a current undergraduate student at a university or college in the Pittsburgh area.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (preferred)
The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday November 29th.
it should only take around 5-7 minutes to complete