The Chuck Cooper Foundation is excited to announce the Chuck Cooper Leadership Development and Mentoring program, in partnership with the Heinz Endowments. Since 2013, the Chuck Cooper Foundation has awarded $31,000 in graduate-level scholarships to African-American students.
As an expansion to our scholarship program, we have implemented a leadership development program for promising African-American undergraduate juniors and seniors currently attending school in Pittsburgh. All participants will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the completion of the program.
Participation in the program involves the following commitments:
- Attendance at Saturday workshop sessions (2015 dates to be determined)
Participants in the Chuck Cooper Leadership Development Program will receive:
- Comprehensive leadership development training in workshops facilitated by Dr. Mitchel Nickols, Ph.D, a nationally-recognized consultant and professor of organizational leadership from Geneva College
- Networking and meet-and-greet opportunities with established professionals
- Mentoring from current Chuck Cooper Foundation graduate scholars
- Community service experience with a local organization
- Recognition at awards ceremony upon completion of program
Applicants MUST meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the Chuck Cooper Leadership Development Program:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 preferred
- Be a current undergraduate junior or senior at a 4-year college or university in the Pittsburgh area
The 2015 Chuck Cooper Leadership Development Program application is now OPEN. The application is brief and should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ariele Martinez, Program Director, via email at email@example.com.